Thank you Jim. LUCENE-8669 has been merged.

- Nick

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 1:36 PM jim ferenczi <jim.ferenczi@gmail.com> wrote:
Sure Nick, I am not aware of other blockers for 7.7 so I'll start the first RC when your patch is merged.
Kevin, this looks like a big change so I am not sure if it's a good idea to rush this in for 8.0. Would it be safer to target another version in order to take some time to ensure that it's not breaking anything ? I guess that your concern is that a change like this should happen in a major version but I wonder if it's worth the risk. I don't know this part of the code and the implications of such a change so I let you decide what we should do here but let's not delay the release if we realize that this change requires more than a few days to be merged.