lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tomás Fernández Löbbe (JIRA) <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-12708) Async collection actions should not hide failures
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2019 04:42:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-12708?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16766768#comment-16766768
] 

Tomás Fernández Löbbe commented on SOLR-12708:
----------------------------------------------

I just found this JIRA, looks like I duplicated it with SOLR-13231. Thanks for the PR [~manokovacs],
looks like a similar approach than the one I took in SOLR-13231 (I was thinking about doing
the same thing as you did for back compat, if we can't make it to 8.0). I'll merge the changes
in your PR with mine.

> Async collection actions should not hide failures
> -------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-12708
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-12708
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>      Security Level: Public(Default Security Level. Issues are Public) 
>          Components: Admin UI, Backup/Restore
>    Affects Versions: 7.4
>            Reporter: Mano Kovacs
>            Assignee: Varun Thacker
>            Priority: Major
>          Time Spent: 10m
>  Remaining Estimate: 0h
>
> Async collection API may hide failures compared to sync version. [OverseerCollectionMessageHandler::processResponses|https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/cloud/api/collections/OverseerCollectionMessageHandler.java#L744] structures
errors differently in the response, that hides failures from most evaluators. RestoreCmd
did not receive, nor handle async addReplica issues.
> Sample create collection sync and async result with invalid solrconfig.xml:
> {noformat}
> {
> "responseHeader":{
> "status":0,
> "QTime":32104},
> "failure":{
> "localhost:8983_solr":"org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:Error
from server at http://localhost:8983/solr: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'name4_shard1_replica_n1':
Unable to create core [name4_shard1_replica_n1] Caused by: The content of elements must consist
of well-formed character data or markup.",
> "localhost:8983_solr":"org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:Error
from server at http://localhost:8983/solr: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'name4_shard2_replica_n2':
Unable to create core [name4_shard2_replica_n2] Caused by: The content of elements must consist
of well-formed character data or markup.",
> "localhost:8983_solr":"org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:Error
from server at http://localhost:8983/solr: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'name4_shard1_replica_n2':
Unable to create core [name4_shard1_replica_n2] Caused by: The content of elements must consist
of well-formed character data or markup.",
> "localhost:8983_solr":"org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:Error
from server at http://localhost:8983/solr: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'name4_shard2_replica_n1':
Unable to create core [name4_shard2_replica_n1] Caused by: The content of elements must consist
of well-formed character data or markup."}
> }
> {noformat}
> vs async:
> {noformat}
> {
> "responseHeader":{
> "status":0,
> "QTime":3},
> "success":{
> "localhost:8983_solr":{
> "responseHeader":{
> "status":0,
> "QTime":12}},
> "localhost:8983_solr":{
> "responseHeader":{
> "status":0,
> "QTime":3}},
> "localhost:8983_solr":{
> "responseHeader":{
> "status":0,
> "QTime":11}},
> "localhost:8983_solr":{
> "responseHeader":{
> "status":0,
> "QTime":12}}},
> "myTaskId2709146382836":{
> "responseHeader":{
> "status":0,
> "QTime":1},
> "STATUS":"failed",
> "Response":"Error CREATEing SolrCore 'name_shard2_replica_n2': Unable to create core
[name_shard2_replica_n2] Caused by: The content of elements must consist of well-formed character
data or markup."},
> "status":{
> "state":"completed",
> "msg":"found [myTaskId] in completed tasks"}}
> {noformat}
> Proposing adding failure node to the results, keeping backward compatible but correct
result.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message