lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Białecki <andrzej.biale...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: CompositeId router using custom route field for updates and atomic update
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2019 11:26:07 GMT
Hi Niko,

Please create a Jira issue, this looks like a bug. It also needs more discussion - I’m not
convinced we should allow updates (atomic or not) to the id field, because (as the name suggests)
this field defines the identity of the document, and if the identity is modified is it still
the same document that we should be updating? ;)

> On 18 Apr 2019, at 12:30, Niko Himanen <niko.himanen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I came up with a situation with collection created with "router.field" and using atomic
update format for route.field in document that documents were routed into wrong shard in CompositeIdRouter.

> After doing some investigation I noticed that CompositeIdRouter#sliceHash takes field
value used for routing as is, which means that atomic update format (like set=123) is used
as a whole to calculate route hash instead of just value 123.

> I came over this by using field for routing which is never atomically updated, but I
feel like this is still quite nasty feature/bug which is hard to detect.