lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject RE: Change of master to Java 11 tomorrow, 2019-04-16, 12:00 UTC
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2019 18:31:02 GMT

: > - The HTML linter based on HTML Tidy was disabled until we found a
: > replacement (no HTML 5 support - Java 11 produces HTML5 Javadocs). So it
: > might happen that bad javadocs are not detected in master but after merge
: > to 8.x branch they might suddenly appear.
:
: Maybe we can use the infrastriucture using ASCIIdoctor of the Solr Ref guide here? It seems
to also do link / HTML checks.

The code in the ref-guide's CheckLinksAndAnchors.java is *very*
specialized around dealing with the specific problems that exist in
asciidoctor when building merged/monolithic docs (like our PDF) from
multiple source documents -- ie: only a small bit of it is about checking
links, most of it is about checking for duplicate anchors; and even the
link checking makes a lot of assumptions about the structure/conventions
of generated asciidoctor output.

If someone wanted to build a quick and dirty javadoc link checker, the
jsoup parsing code in CheckLinksAndAnchors.java might be a good starting
place, but it would probably be eaiser to build a new one then trying to
generalize what's there to work on arbitrary html.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/