lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: 8.1.1 bug fix release
Date Fri, 17 May 2019 11:49:14 GMT
We stil don't have a successful Jenkins Lucene-Solr-SmokeRelease-7.7 build, and I'm trying
to get a successful local build.
So I'm OK to delay 7.7.2 RC until after 8.1.1 vote if you are ready to spin first :)

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 17. mai 2019 kl. 09:09 skrev Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com>:
>
> I'm okay with the timelines, if Jan is okay too. If we do this release first, the sooner
we can unlock him, the better. (Can we cut an RC today?).

> On Thu, 16 May, 2019, 10:33 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya, <ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com <mailto:ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Thanks Andrzej. I recommend you get all access (Jira, wiki etc), complete all GPG key
prerequisites beforehand. I remember wasting a day on those when I did my first release.

> On Thu, 16 May, 2019, 10:24 PM Andrzej Białecki, <ab@getopt.org <mailto:ab@getopt.org>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just right after the 8.1.0 release has been published we’ve discovered a serious bug
in the way aliases are handled in the Admin UI (and in some cases leading to NPE when using
API). Details of the bug can be found in SOLR-13475.

> I’m volunteering to do this release, if there are no objections, and I’d like to
create a RC early next week (I need to get up to speed on the release process ;) ).