lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Białecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: 8.1.1 bug fix release
Date Fri, 17 May 2019 15:14:52 GMT
This is my first release (ever) so I’m still going through local preparations (reading the
docs, installing tools, etc). I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to create an RC before Monday.

> On 17 May 2019, at 13:49, Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com> wrote:
>
> We stil don't have a successful Jenkins Lucene-Solr-SmokeRelease-7.7 build, and I'm trying
to get a successful local build.
> So I'm OK to delay 7.7.2 RC until after 8.1.1 vote if you are ready to spin first :)

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com <http://www.cominvent.com/>
>
>> 17. mai 2019 kl. 09:09 skrev Ishan Chattopadhyaya <ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com <mailto:ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com>>:
>>
>> I'm okay with the timelines, if Jan is okay too. If we do this release first, the
sooner we can unlock him, the better. (Can we cut an RC today?).

<mailto:ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> Thanks Andrzej. I recommend you get all access (Jira, wiki etc), complete all GPG
key prerequisites beforehand. I remember wasting a day on those when I did my first release.

>> On Thu, 16 May, 2019, 10:24 PM Andrzej Białecki, <ab@getopt.org <mailto:ab@getopt.org>>
wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just right after the 8.1.0 release has been published we’ve discovered a serious
bug in the way aliases are handled in the Admin UI (and in some cases leading to NPE when
using API). Details of the bug can be found in SOLR-13475.

>> I’m volunteering to do this release, if there are no objections, and I’d like
to create a RC early next week (I need to get up to speed on the release process ;) ).