lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: 8.1.1 bug fix release
Date Sun, 19 May 2019 18:46:07 GMT
7.7.2 smoke builds are passing and I have a RC1 build of 7.7.2 ready, but will hold it until
after 8.1.1 vote.
If you for some reason won't be ready with 8.1.1 in several days, let me know and we can do
the 7.7.2 vote first.
If so happens we'd need to sync the addition of 7.7.2 changes sections in branch_8_1.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

<mailto:andrzej.bialecki@lucidworks.com>>:

>> Jan, re. 7.7.2 solr/CHANGES.txt, the entry for SOLR-12833 in the 7.7.2 "Bug Fixes"
section is somewhat misleading, because the main issue fixed between 7.7.1 and 7.7.2 was to
reduce the memory consumption. I propose to add the following (or replace the existing entry,
since it only affects the test):

>> * SOLR-12833: Avoid unnecessary memory cost when DistributedUpdateProcessor timed-out
lock is not used. (ab)

>>> On 17 May 2019, at 13:49, Jan Høydahl <jan.asf@cominvent.com <mailto:jan.asf@cominvent.com>>
wrote:

>>> We stil don't have a successful Jenkins Lucene-Solr-SmokeRelease-7.7 build, and
I'm trying to get a successful local build.

<mailto:ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com>>:

> [...]
the sooner we can unlock him, the better. (Can we cut an RC today?).

<mailto:ichattopadhyaya@gmail.com>> wrote:
> [...]
all GPG key prerequisites beforehand. I remember wasting a day on those when I did my first
release.

a serious bug in the way aliases are handled in the Admin UI (and in some cases leading to
NPE when using API). Details of the bug can be found in SOLR-13475.

like to create a RC early next week (I need to get up to speed on the release process ;) ).