lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Jan Høydahl (JIRA) <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (SOLR-13617) 8.x memory issue
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2019 22:39:00 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13617?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=16882493#comment-16882493
] 

Jan Høydahl commented on SOLR-13617:
------------------------------------

Checked the attached logs. Appears your system has only 1Gb physical memory, which will always
be too little to run both Ubuntu OS as well as Solr. Please provision a more powerful VM and
try again!

> 8.x memory issue
> ----------------
>
>                 Key: SOLR-13617
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13617
>             Project: Solr
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: update
>    Affects Versions: 8.0, 8.1, 8.1.1
>         Environment: {color:#000000}32-bit Ubuntu 18.04 LTS using OpenJDK 10.0.2.{color}
>            Reporter: Scott Yeadon
>            Priority: Critical
>         Attachments: hs_console_log.8.1.1, hs_err_pid17948.log.8.1.1
>
>
> {color:#000000}I’m running Solr on 32-bit Ubuntu 18.04 LTS using OpenJDK 10.0.2. Up
until now I have had no problem with Solr (started running it since 4.x), however after upgrading
from 7.x to 8.x I am getting serious memory issues.{color}
> {color:#000000}I have a small repository of 30,000 documents currently using Solr 7.1
for the search function. I attempted an upgrade to 8.1.1 and tried to perform a full reindex
however, it manages about 300 documents and then dies from lack of memory (or so it says).
I tried 8.1.0 with the same result. I then tried 8.0.0 which did successfully manage a full
reindex but then after performing a couple of search queries died from lack of memory. I then
tried 7.7.2 which worked fine. I have now gone back to my original 7.1 as I can’t risk 8.x
in my production system.{color}
> {color:#000000}I increased Xmx to 1024m (previously 512m) but that made no difference,
it may be some other resource than memory, but if it is, it isn’t saying so, and it’s
such a small repository it doesn’t seem to make sense to be running out of memory, and 7.x
runs fine
> {color}



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v7.6.3#76005)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message