lucene-dev mailing list archives

From David Smiley <david.w.smi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Notes from the committers' meeting at Activate 2019
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2019 04:38:48 GMT
+1 to all that Gus said.  On a fresh project then indeed perhaps we would
use GitHub issues but it's not nearly so compelling at this point with so
much rich history in JIRA, not to mention those issues being referenced in
commit messages.

Is the point to lower barriers for contributors that are not in our
community yet (thus don't have an ASF JIRA account)?  Well... they don't
*have* to create the JIRA issue if a committer is sufficiently interested
in the issue at hand to do it.  And as mentioned this could be automated.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley