lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Should notifications of NEW Jira issues go to dev@?
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2019 20:43:43 GMT
My vote:
[v ] Leave it as is

I guess one could achieve the same goal without sending to dev@ if Jira allowed users to configure
notifications for certain projects individually. We could then document somewhere that option
for those who don’t want to subscribe to issues@. Now the notification setting can only
be changed by admins (or rather INFRA).

Infra will upgrade to latest jira with LDAP support soon, perhaps the new version has something?

Jan Høydahl

> 18. sep. 2019 kl. 20:11 skrev Namgyu Kim <kng0828@gmail.com>:
>
> [x] A mail to dev@ for every new JIRA
> [x] One daily digest mail per day with a list of new JIRAs
>
> One of the two looks fine.
> I think these methods seem possible to prevent missing new issues from the issues@ folder.
>
>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 12:46 AM Atri Sharma <atri@apache.org> wrote:
>> [v] leave it as it is — I like it quiet
>>
>>> On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 at 19:42, Cassandra Targett <casstargett@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> [v ] Leave it as is - I like quiet
>>>
>>> I like the clear separation between the lists. It already feels less hectic/overwhelming
to me. I will read both as often as I can anyway, so I don’t feel I’ll miss anything if
the lists stay the way they are now.

>>> There is a Jira plugin to support email digest notifications. I know nothing
about it, just found it in a quick Google search for Jira notifications. A custom bot might
be a better solution, but thought I’d point it out in case Infra would be willing to install
it: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217383/email-notifications-digest?hosting=server&tab=overview