lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andrzej Białecki ...@getopt.org>
Subject Re: Notes from the committers' meeting at Activate 2019
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2019 18:57:40 GMT

> On 16 Sep 2019, at 19:38, Yonik Seeley <yseeley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  - PR is opened - should automatically create a jira if it doesn’t exist yet
>
> What were the reasons behind this? Shouldn't a JIRA just be optional if we started with
a PR?

That’s why we need to discuss this :)

I remember that at some point ASF treated JIRA as the system of record for the legal validation
of contributions.

I also remember that at some point we used to say that if a discussion didn’t happen in
JIRA then it didn’t exist, and that any decisions regarding code should be recorded in JIRA
because we can’t expect people to monitor and contribute / object to decisions happening
elsewhere.

—

Andrzej Białecki