lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Cassandra Targett <casstarg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving Lucene web site to git and .asf.yaml
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2019 13:39:53 GMT
Sort of playing devil’s advocate for sake of discussion, why would we pick Pelican static
site generator over Jekyll static site generator which we already use for the Ref Guide? Why
would we stay with Markdown when we already know that Asciidoc is a much more expressive markup
language that we already use for hundreds of pages of content?

I know nothing about Pelican - your mail is the first I heard of it - so asking that really
just as a way to get more info for why you prefer it.

Assuming we move to a world where something like the Ref Guide is simply “website content”,
I could see it becoming burdensome to generate HTML files with 2 different systems in 2 different
formats, etc. Is that a valid concern or not something you’re worried about?

Cassandra