lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)" <cpoersc...@bloomberg.net>
Subject Re: Typo in the documentation of Spell Check
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2020 18:38:08 GMT
Thanks for the detailed report Carlos!

I've just committed a fix for the typo:
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/commit/4a0063f04a91c6d68e11252396e8c8d5e722b7b2
https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/commit/def6816f48598ce8e8757239b98969b5e18b21af

Christine

From: dev@lucene.apache.org At: 02/27/20 15:23:34To:  jan.asf@cominvent.com
Cc:  dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Typo in the documentation of Spell Check

Hi Jan,

It is exactly this documentation. it says spellcheck.queryAnalyzerFieldtype, but should be
spellcheck.queryAnalyzerFieldType.

I can share with you where I found the correct use of this parameter here:

https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/search?l=XML&q=queryAnalyzerFieldType

All the examples the Type is uppercase and here at line 739 is using correct

https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/8cde1277ec7151bd6ab62950ac93cbdd6ff04d9f/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/handler/component/SpellCheckComponent.java

I configured my spellcheck in this way and now it uses my analyser and the term of search
is only in q parameter and spellcheck.q is empty:

<searchComponent name="spellcheck" class="solr.SpellCheckComponent">
        <str name="queryAnalyzerFieldType">text-spellcheck</str>
        <lst name="spellchecker">
            <str name="name">default</str>
            <str name="field">spellcheck</str>
            <str name="classname">solr.DirectSolrSpellChecker</str>
            <str name="distanceMeasure">internal</str>
            <float name="accuracy">0.7</float>
            <int name="maxEdits">2</int>
            <int name="minPrefix">1</int>
            <int name="maxInspections">5</int>
            <int name="minQueryLength">4</int>
            <float name="maxQueryFrequency">0.01</float>
        </lst>
    </searchComponent>
Initially I was thinking that I should use this parameter inside the requestHandler, as a
parameter of the search. Then reading the book  Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server I noticed
it.