lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)" <>
Subject Re: Typo in the documentation of Spell Check
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2020 18:38:08 GMT
Thanks for the detailed report Carlos!

I've just committed a fix for the typo:


From: At: 02/27/20 15:23:34To:
Subject: Re: Typo in the documentation of Spell Check

Hi Jan,

It is exactly this documentation. it says spellcheck.queryAnalyzerFieldtype, but should be

I can share with you where I found the correct use of this parameter here:

All the examples the Type is uppercase and here at line 739 is using correct

I configured my spellcheck in this way and now it uses my analyser and the term of search
is only in q parameter and spellcheck.q is empty:

<searchComponent name="spellcheck" class="solr.SpellCheckComponent">
        <str name="queryAnalyzerFieldType">text-spellcheck</str>
        <lst name="spellchecker">
            <str name="name">default</str>
            <str name="field">spellcheck</str>
            <str name="classname">solr.DirectSolrSpellChecker</str>
            <str name="distanceMeasure">internal</str>
            <float name="accuracy">0.7</float>
            <int name="maxEdits">2</int>
            <int name="minPrefix">1</int>
            <int name="maxInspections">5</int>
            <int name="minQueryLength">4</int>
            <float name="maxQueryFrequency">0.01</float>
Initially I was thinking that I should use this parameter inside the requestHandler, as a
parameter of the search. Then reading the book  Apache Solr Enterprise Search Server I noticed

Em qui., 27 de fev. de 2020 às 14:47, Jan Høydahl <> escreveu:

Thanks for reporting bugs.

I checked the Reference Guide and the documentation seems correct:
In fact that parameter was only added to the documentation from version 7.3. Please specify
exactly which documentation your are looking at.


27. feb. 2020 kl. 15:21 skrev Carlos .Sponchiado <>:

I'd like sharing an error in the documentation of Solr related to SpellCheck.
I was investigating why the parameter spellcheck.queryAnalyzerFieldtype wasn't working and
I saw that type was lowercase in the documentation. The correct should be spellcheck.queryAnalyzerFieldType

Hope to be helpful 

Best Regards
Carlos Sponchiado

Carlos Sponchiado
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:  

View raw message