lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene PMC += Mark Miller
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:45:50 GMT

On Jan 15, 2010, at 12:27 PM, Jason Rutherglen wrote:

> Somewhat interesting... Also I guess there's no term limits...

Earned merit doesn't go away at the ASF.  That being said, if someone doesn't participate
for over a year, we usually ask them to go Emeritus, but that's not a big deal.

> Is this
> modeled after anything or has it kind of arbitrarily grown this way?

Some of it's in the ASF by-laws, some of it just in how the project chooses to organize itself.
 For instance, some ASF projects rotate the chair every year, others do not.  Lucene hasn't
rotated but that's probably b/c the Lucene PMC is pretty low-key and low-maintanence anyway.

-Grant