lucene-general mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene vs Sphinx
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:31:43 GMT
You might also note that Solr is working very actively on improving distributed search even
more: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrCloud

I've seen billion plus Solr installations in production, but they require some operations
caretaking.  The Solr Cloud stuff is aiming to make that a lot less so.  For most people with
smaller distributed needs (in other words, not Internet scale), the current distributed search
capabilities should suffice