lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Range query rewrite incorrect
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 17:46:37 GMT
That's all correct, the rewrite is done like this, what comes out after
rewrite is purely internal and may change from query to query or index to
index (as the best rewrite method is chosen from your index contents).

Your query has one problem: Lucene only works with "string" ranges that way
how you use it, so a pure numeric range without padding the terms cannot
work.

If you want real numeric queries, use NumericRangeQuery in combination with
NumericField. But QueryParser cannot handle the so you have to build the
queries from code (instantiate NumericRangeQuerxy in your code).

Uwe
-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen