lucene-general mailing list archives

From Joe Cabrera <calcmaste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new here.need help
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 15:59:59 GMT
Sai,

Apache Solr only support the indexing and retrieval of text documents. Solr
would only be useful for you if you are planning on doing retrieval on the
metadata ( ie. image name, image description, image tags, image keywords,
etc.) for the image. For image retrieval here are some options:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CBIR_engines I'm not sure what your
options are for video retrieval.