lucene-general mailing list archives

From regina <reg...@ayende.com>
Subject relationships between shapes in Lucene-Spatial
Date Thu, 22 May 2014 12:45:24 GMT
Hi,
I am looking into how Lucene-Spatial handles relationships between shapes,
and seeing some weird (or at least I think that they are weird) results.
I am trying to work out how the relationships are calculated and I believe I
understand the theory behind it.
The results I am seeing, does not fit into the theory I've read up to now.
For example:
I am trying to test whether POLYGON ((4.5 4.5, 6.5 4.5, 6.5 6.5, 4.5 6.5,
4.5 4.5)) is within POLYGON ((6 6, 7 6, 7 7, 6 7, 6 6)). Surprisingly, I am
seeing that it is "within".
I am trying this with GeohashPrefixTree strategy and max tree level 8.

Is this the answer that should be getting, or am I doing something wrong?

It should be noted that I am using .Net port of Lucene-Spatial to query
this.