lucene-general mailing list archives

From Arun B C <bcarunm...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Near real time reader using ControlledRealTimeReopenThread
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 08:44:33 GMT
Hi General Group,

Am currently using Lucene 4.7.2.

I use DirectoryReader directoryreader = DirectoryReader.open(indexWriter, true); to get near
real time reader. In order to manage directoryReader instance being shared in a multi-threaded
environment, People suggested to use NRTManager.

But I dont find NRTManager anymore in version 4.7.2. I think it was replaced with ControlledRealTimeReopenThread.

I am not able to find any information about Near real time in ControlledRealTimeReopenThread
java doc. I also found a sample provided by a person 'futuretelematics' in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17993960/lucene-4-4-0-new-controlledrealtimereopenthread-sample-usage.
It has indexWriter.commit in create and update index methods. Is that right, will it not slow
down search? or point me to a sample/information to achieve near real time search using apache
4.7.2 or later.

Please do let me know if you require any other information.

Thanks in advance.

Br,
Arun BC