lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ann B <alleycatwo...@gmail.com>
Subject Where to start?
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 20:32:27 GMT
Hello,

I'm maintaining a site that's using apache solr 3.6.1.  I'm having a
problem with highlighting.  I sent a question
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/201508.mbox/%3CCAFrgDmEvREyKnWqW6pjQ33aAOE5QCgsWf2BjwMU7TcqqCUDjUA%40mail.gmail.com%3E>to
the solr user list, but no one responded.  I'd like to try to solve the
problem myself, but I don't know where to start.  I suppose a beginner
should get a handle on the basics before diving into debugging a problem.
Can anyone provide some resource links or advice?  There's no lack of
resources online, and that's great.  But I'm overwhelmed and I need more
technical resources (I think), specifically on how stemming and
highlighting work together.

Thank you, Ann.