lucene-general mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Benchmarking Lucene
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2015 20:04:39 GMT
Which JVM vendor :)  There are not so many, unfortunately...

I run nightly benchmarks for Lucene, which are visible at
https://people.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/

We use this to catch accidental performance regressions... the sources
for all of this are at https://github.com/mikemccand/luceneutil but
running them yourself can be tricky.  They index and search
Wikipedia's English export.

Lucene is definitely JVM/GC bound in many cases, e.g. when the index
is "hot" (fully cached by the OS in free RAM).

I'm not familiar with Dacapo...

I'm not sure how aggressively users upgrade ... but I believe most
users use Lucene via Elasticsearch or Solr.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com