lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Update Lucene
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 10:46:55 GMT
Hi

If you don’t feel competent to do the upgrade yourself I’d consider hiring a consultant
to do it for you.

But if you feel you can to do it with help from the community, you should start with locating
and understanding the
parts of the code using Lucene. Then walk through a Lucene tutorial for a recent version,
and try to identify
the differences. You Lucene version is very old so you likely have to re-write major parts
of the integration code.

Once you try to change the code and get stuck, then you can ask for help on the java-user@lucene.apache.org
list.
Please include enough context so people can help you, such as versions, code snippets, error
messages etc.

Good luck!

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 19. apr. 2016 kl. 06.28 skrev Grabenhorst, Maik <maik.grabenhorst@airbus.com>:
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> The document management was until 4 years open source, but unfortunately there is now
longer be supported.
> Since 2 years extend or do I fix bugs in this system. A big problem, why I want to do
an update is that the indexer every 15 minutes must be restarted.
> Moreover, the search is relatively slow.
>
> I know it is not easy to perform the update, but it should be possible. There has to
be found in the source code of the Document Management System,
> where the API from lucene is addressed.
>
> Is has been used up to now not yet in a project with lucene, such an update from lucene
carried out?

> Best regards
>
> Maik
>

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> Maik Grabenhorst
>

> Military Support Germany - Airbus Group
> ESPZB - IT & Tools

the document management system depends on these specific versions and may not handle newer
releases.
> You do not tell us why it is that you want to upgrade Lucene, but your best bet is probably
to contact the vendor of your Document mgmt system, perhaps they have an upgrade for you.

> Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com
>
>> 18. apr. 2016 kl. 07.03 skrev Grabenhorst, Maik <maik.grabenhorst@airbus.com>:
>>
>> Good morning,
>>
>> in my office we have a document management system that uses the lucene and the pdfbox.
The Version of lucene is 2.0.0, pdfbox is the Version 0.7.3.
>> Now I would like lucene update to a newer version, but I can not find sufficient
assistance in the community.
>> What do I do best? Taking small steps to update or directly to a current version
such as 5.4.0?
>> Is there a description / instructions for Lucene to a newer version to migrate?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Best regards
>>

>> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>> Maik Grabenhorst
>>

>> Military Support Germany - Airbus Group ESPZB - IT & Tools
>> e-Mail:     maik.grabenhorst@airbus.com <mailto:maik.grabenhorst@airbus.com>
>>
>> AIRBUS HELICOPTERS DEUTSCHLAND GmbH
>>
>> Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office: Donauwörth
>>
>> Registergericht / Registration Court: Amtsgericht Augsburg HRB 16508
>>
>> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates / Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
>> Guillaume Faury
>>
>> Geschäftsführung / Board of Management: Dr. Wolfgang Schoder,
>> Vorsitzender / CEO; Johannes Kleidorfer; Dr. Klaus Przemeck; Martin
>> Schübel; Stefan Thomé
>>

>> The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed
or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
>> If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Airbus immediately and delete
this e-mail.
>> Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this
e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content
of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
>> All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning
software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this
message and any attachments are virus free.