lucene-general mailing list archives

From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 6.5.0 (rc1) (now with Python 3 support)
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 21:47:00 GMT

On Wed, 29 Mar 2017, Michael McCandless wrote:

> +1 to release.
>
> I tested on Ubuntu 16.04 with Python 3.5.2 and Java 1.8.0_121.
>
> I ran my usual smoke test of indexing first 100K docs from Wikipedia
> English export and running a few searches.  But first I had to run 2to3 on
> this ancient script!
>
> I had to apply Ruediger's patch to JCC's setup.py else it was trying to
> link with -lpython3.5 but I have -lpython3.5m.

Yes, that's the part on Linux that needs editing. I might have to isolate
this into another FLAGS dictionary to make it more obvious. What is the
additional 'm' for ? Is this a Python 3 thing ? In that case, I can just add
it myself and spare everyone else the editing.

Thank you, Mike, for your vote !

Andi..