lucene-general mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr usage reports
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2018 18:16:55 GMT
I respectfully beg to differ Upayavira :)

Recording Solr queries into another Solr collection is a powerful technique.  It’s how I
would recommend doing it.  It’s also how our (commercial plug) Lucidworks Fusion platform
does it to great benefit for mining for recommendations, analytics, and visualizations.

   Erik

> On Jan 25, 2018, at 11:56, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
>
> You should be asking on the solr-user list - you'd get more answers there and it is more
relevant.

> You can mine search terms from your log files, but that is likely a bit fraught. Better
is just to record the search terms in a database or such before you call Solr - i.e. don't
use Solr to record them.