lucene-general mailing list archives

From Uwe Schindler <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject Re: Noticed performance degrade from lucene-7.5.0 to lucene-8.0.0
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2019 14:56:58 GMT
Without further information we can't help here. So we would need the type of queries (conjunction,
disjunction, phrase,...). There are significant changes which may cause some queries to be
slower, but others like 50 times faster if the exact number of results are not needed, see
https://www.elastic.co/blog/faster-retrieval-of-top-hits-in-elasticsearch-with-block-max-wand

Uwe

--
Uwe Schindler