lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ecsődi Katalin <ecsodi.kata...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: features of Apache Solr
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2020 12:33:13 GMT
Hi,
Thank you for your answers.

I have some more question about  Apache Solr.
I speak english very bad, sorry for that.

- Is it possible to use together both Apapche Solr and MaifoldCF?
- In that case have they an own surface wich is user friendly, costumizable
by users? Or it is a tipically searching surface?
- Have they built-in authorization? I mean user groups with entitlement to
see or find a group of documents are managed in the application, or it
managed by AD groups? Or it needs an other software?
- Does an article have a life cycle status? I mean, is it possible to set
if a document is too old, not relevant, or its new, or just changed, or to
be aproved? Maybe these are storeed like metadata?
- Are they able to manage versions of the article?
- Could they send messages if an article has changed?
- Could an article be RO, or RW, or RWD with metadata?
- Are they able to manage competition processes ? for example 2 user want
to change a document.
- In that case we can make a real time connection with the applications
I've mentioned (Confluence, OneNote, HP SM (other name is 7IM), etc.),
could we  use them onward, in their original enviroment?
- HP SM (7IM) has its data's in DB, are Apache Solr or Mainfold CF able to
connect with it (not by API)?
- Do they manage only links, references, or it stores the documents of the
other applications I mentioned?
- What statistics can make about searching?

- Is it possible to use - after planning and deploying Apache Solr and
Mainfold CF  - by ourself?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards, Kate

Charlie Hull <charlie@flax.co.uk> ezt írta (időpont: 2020. ápr. 14., K,