lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Franzone" <jonat...@franzone.com>
Subject Boolean Query Parsing with "IN" keyword
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 17:26:56 GMT

I'm trying to search on a US State field. The lucene field name is "state"
and so I'm building a query like: +(state:fl state:al state:in) to search
for documents in Florida, Alabama, or Indiana. But whenever I pass "in" or
"IN" to the QueryParser it strips it out. Passing the above query to the
QueryParser yields +(state:fl state:al). Is there a way to escape the "in"
keyword? I've tried enclosing it in double and single quotes, neither of
which worked.

Thanks,
Jonathan Franzone