lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Charles" <char...@radworkz.com>
Subject Re: Cannot match field containing value "No"
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:55:49 GMT
Okay please disregard this. Found out that the word "no" is removed by the
StandardAnalyser since its one of the stop words.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles" <charles@radworkz.com>
To: <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 6:46 PM
Subject: Cannot match field containing value "No"

Hello all,

I seem to be having trouble matching the value "No". The snippet of my
insert index code looks like this:
--------------------
IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter("indexTest", new StandardAnalyzer(),
true);
Document doc = new Document();
doc.add(Field.Text("YesNo", choice));
writer.addDocument(doc);
writer.optimize();
writer.close();
-------------------
where the value of the variable choice is either a "Yes" or a "No"
and the code to search it looks like this :

---------------------
IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(IndexReader.open("indexTest"));
Query query = org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser.parse(queryString,
"YesNo", analyzer);
Hits hits = searcher.search(query);
System.out.println("Found "+hits.length()+" match");
where the value of queryString contains the user input which is wither a
"Yes" or "No"

Whenever I insert a "No", I would not be able to retrieve it (the output
will show 0 mtaches) even though I use the same analyzer. Any other values
like "Yes","n","y" would get hits.  Has anyone went through similar errors?
Is this a bug or is it some limitation, where lucene can't accept string
values of "No"? Or am i missing something?

TIA,
Charles