lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Linwood" <j...@greenninja.com>
Subject Creating a complete Lucene distribution
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 06:53:50 GMT
Hi,

Is there any interest in creating an additional distribution for Lucene that
contains some of the code from the sandbox and the contributions?  I was
thinking about bringing in the SearchBean, LARM, the optional analyzers,
etc. I know there has been  some discussion on this list of what should and
shouldn't be in the core distribution, but I would like to have the option
to download a complete distribution.  I think this will make it much easier
to get started developing with Lucene.

I guess the first step would be to see if other people on this list would be
interested in this project at all, and then the next step would be to figure
out what could go into an application framework build (licensing, dependent
library issues, etc.), and to work on an Ant build file that calls the
individual component files.

I definitely don't want to replace the existing source and binary
distributions of Lucene - this would be a larger, more bulky download for
most people.

Anyway, shoot it down if you like :)

Thanks,
Jeff