lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: how to join 2 queries togther
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:08:10 GMT
Do you want hits to contain the word "words" or not?  You've got it in
both clauses...

Also, "+(a b c)" requires that any of "a" "b" or "c" be in a document,
but not necessarily all of them.  If you want it to contain all of them
then each term must be required, e.g., "+a +b +c".  In the latest
sources this can be achieved through the query parser with:
    queryParser.setOperator(DEFAULT_OPERATOR_AND);

I'm not quite sure precisely what you're trying to do, so it's hard to
tell you how to do it.

Doug