lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Cwikla <Cwi...@Biz360.com>
Subject internal record numbers?
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:47:29 GMT

I was wondering if lucene had some way (internal record numbers, whatever)
so that I could limit search results to say a range of documents, in the
order they were added?

I understand that I could have a field called "myownrecordnumber" and put a
number
into it. This won't work for me as the index is constantly being added to
and
removed from, and my ultimate goal is to use this so I can start at a
particular
point in time (record number) and search the next 1000 documents that were
added.
(We using the results from lucene in some analytics and batch up the runs)

If I use "myownrecordnumber" I would have to reindex and fix the numbers  to
get the
same effect which is not a possibility as it takes too long, and requires
too much downtime.

Over time there would obviously be alot of holes, and what I'd like is for
optimizing
the index to magically fix/reorder the record numbers if they existed :)