lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: How to index a Word document
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 04:03:30 GMT
My current day job project uses SQL Server (yes, Slammer hit several
folks, sheesh!) and it has built-in full-text indexing of IMAGE fields
that correspond to Office documents (or anything Index Server can
index, I suppose).  It works very well and made our Word document
indexing issue a non-issue - we just call a stored procedure with the
query - even natural language queries I believe.

The Jakarta POI project is aiming towards being able to do this with
Word docs, but I don't believe its very usable yet, or so last I heard.

I'm still keen on hearing how others are doing it, especially with
Lucene.

	Erik