lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kevin Price <kevin_r_pr...@yahoo.com>
Subject search DB data
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:08:31 GMT
Hello.

I am wondering is it possible to do this with Lucene.

I will have users enter in their search text.  The data that needs to be searched is stored
in a
DB.   So I would like to do a query against the Database, and then somehow use Lucene to parse
those results for all of the searching options (Boolean operators, multiple words,
wildcards,fuzzy, etc).

Iíve looked through the mailing lists, and I've seen some general discussions around it, and
there
was a posting from a tom.szymanski@exgate.tek.com back in march of 2003.  I have looked around
trying to find the framework he discussed but it doesn't look like he ever put it anywhere,
or at
least I haven't found it yet.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for your time.