lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jac jac <fori...@yahoo.com.sg>
Subject questions
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 07:03:47 GMT

Hi I am a newbie and i just installed Tomcat on my machine.
May I know, when i placed the Luceneweb folder in the webapps folder of Tomcat, how come I
couldn't conduct the search operation when i test the website? Did I missed out anything?

It prompts me that there is no c:\opt\index\segment folder...
I created but i still couldnt get Lucene to work...

At http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/demo.html:
under the Indexing file instruction where should I do the following "type "java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexFiles
{full-path-to-lucene}/src". "???
Is it a must to install ant?

Please kindly help!!! Thanks very much in advance!!!!

regards,
jac