lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Klaus Hubert <klaus_hub...@yahoo.com>
Subject boosting results with a field from the index
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:21:28 GMT
Hi and a Happy New Year!

I created a lucene index with 2 fields (text and importance). The text contains the real text
and importance is a field where I manually give a number between 1 and 5 for the related document.
When I search the index I find the documents with the highest revelancy weighted automatically
by lucene. I'm just wondering if I can boost the results with the importance field I already
have stored in the index. As I result I expect the same search results just weighted differently.
Something like relevancy multiplied by importance.

Thank you so much,

  Klaus

Yahoo! Photos