lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: searching and indexing simultaneously...
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 18:35:44 GMT
As far as I know, the best information about various Lucene concurrency rules, locks and locking
is in the Lucene book (e.g. http://www.lucenebook.com/search?query=concurrency+rules ).

The short story is: use 1 IndexSearcher.  Get a new one when you detect index change.  Use
1 IndexWriter.  If you delete documents (via IndexReader), your IndexWriter needs to be closed,
and vice versa.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: K.A.Hussain Ali <Hussain@photoninfotech.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Thu 06 Apr 2006 11:00:34 AM EDT
Subject: searching and indexing simultaneously...

HI all.

i am newbie to lucene

Do lucene provides any way to do indexing ,searching and deleting simultaneously ..

I hope we could do searching and indexing which means there can be multiple indexreader and
only one indexwriter accessing the index..

Could we have two indexwriter working simultaneously...?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance.

regards
-Hussain