lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Urvashi Gadi <ug...@emory.edu>
Subject Deprecated warning messages in org.apache.lucene.document.Field
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 20:02:18 GMT
Hi All,

Why do i get the following warning messages? I couldn't find any
information in javadocs. I am using java version 1.4.2 and lucene
version 1.5.

Thanks for the help,

Urvashi

IndexingApp.java:131: warning: Text(java.lang.String,java.lang.String)
in org.apache.lucene.document.Field has been deprecated

doc.add(Field.Text(member.attributeName, member.attributeValue));
                                             ^
                                           ^
IndexingApp.java:137: warning:
UnIndexed(java.lang.String,java.lang.String) in
org.apache.lucene.document.Field has been deprecated

doc.add(Field.UnIndexed(member.attributeName, member.attributeValue));
                                             ^
                                             IndexingApp.java:144:
warning: Keyword(java.lang.String,java.lang.String) in
org.apache.lucene.document.Field has been deprecated

doc.add(Field.Keyword(member.attributeName, member.attributeValue));
                                             ^