lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Colin Young" <Colin.Yo...@tembizi.com>
Subject RE: Problems with sandbox - can't find org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 20:51:55 GMT
That would probably explain things. Is 1.9 close, or are we still
talking months aways? Unfortunately, what I'm trying to do is use the
code for Berkeley DB Java Edition which, best as I can tell was only
ported against the 1.9 code, so it looks like my choices are to do the
port myself, or check out 1.9 to see what the current issues and and see
how stable it is for my purposes.

Thanks

Colin Young

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: 2 January, 2006 05:12
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problems with sandbox - can't find
org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput

I haven't checked the specifics, but many of the contrib (the "sandbox"
is the old name for it) projects have upgraded their latest code to be
against the trunk of Lucene, which is destined to be Lucene 1.9.  You'll
need to either grab a previous JAR built before the codebase changed, or
upgrade yourself to the trunk of Lucene's subversion repository all the
way around.

	Erik

On Dec 31, 2005, at 10:21 AM, Colin Young wrote:

> I'm attempting to compile Lucene with some sandbox code --
> specifically the Berkely DB index storage -- and I'm running into and
> issue where the code is attempting to import IndexInput (apparently
> located in
> org.apache.lucene.store.IndexInput) but I can't find it in the source
> anywhere. I'm not sure if the sandbox code is maybe using a more
> recent version of the Lucene code, or if I'm missing something
> obvious. My personaly guess is that it's the latter.
>
> I'm using Lucene 1.4.3 source and the db directory from the source
> repository at the apache site.
>
> Thanks for any tips.
>
> Colin
>

> Notice: This email message is for the sole use of the intended
> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
> sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Notice: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email