lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Colin Young" <Colin.Yo...@tembizi.com>
Subject Opening (and building) the lucene source in eclipse
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 03:08:12 GMT
So far I've succeeded in grabbing the latest source (and I can build
with ant), but now I'm trying to open it in eclipse by creating a new
"Java Project from Existing And Buildfile," but when I attempt to open
build.xml, I get an alert telling me that the "Specified buildfile does
not contain a javac task." Examining the 3 build files, I do see that in
common-build.xml there appears to be a javac task there. I don't know if
it's just that the eclipse ant import has trouble following includes, or
if I'm missing something (I'm not that familiar with either ant or
eclipse).

What I'm really trying to do is create a jar with lucene and the Berkely
DB JE code from Aaron Donovan (ported from Andi Vajda's BDB code). If I
stick the source into the store/je directory, I get a bunch of errors,
and I'm sure I could eventually figure them all out, but my life would
be made much easier with a nice IDE to work in.

Thanks for any tips (I really hope that in the very near future I'll
actually be able to contribute something positive once I manage to get
this thing built).

Colin

Notice: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email