lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Opening (and building) the lucene source in eclipse
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 20:34:02 GMT

On Jan 5, 2006, at 2:03 PM, Colin Young wrote:
> Just curious, but when one is desiring to make use of stuff in the
> contrib is there any particular reason to compile it into the
> Lucene jar, or include it in the project that's making use of it,
> or is it really just up to the preferences of the developer using
> it or the needs of the environment?

IDE builds aren't official with Lucene.  All releases are built with
the command-line using Ant.  The way the contrib build works is that
each builds it's own JAR.  The core of Lucene is its own separate JAR
also.  I would not recommend merging everything into one JAR, but
certainly there is no problem with doing so.

	Erik