lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Amol Bhutada <am...@synechron.com>
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:20:54 GMT
If I have a reader and searcher on a indexdata folder and another
indexwriter writing documents to the same indexdata folder, do I need to
close existing reader and searcher and create new so that newly indexed
data comes into search effect?

I have checked through google, got some pointers but some important
links are not opening now, so If you can give me a pointer or clear
picture about this it will be great.

I am looking at implementing lucene searching for a site having millions
of user records so even looking for best way to keep my indexes uptodate
while searching is going on.

thanks
Amol

Mail Disclaimer: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and the views
expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Synechron, and its Directors, Management
or Employees. This communication represents the originator's personal views and opinions.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail by error, and that
any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.
You shall be under obligation to keep the contents of this e-mail, strictly confidential and
shall not disclose, disseminate or divulge the same to any Person, Company, Firm or Entity.
Even though Synechron uses up-to-date virus checking software to scan it's emails please ensure
you have adequate virus protection before you open or detach any documents from this transmission.
Synechron does not accept any liability for viruses
 or vulnerabilities. The rights to monitor all e-mail communication through our network are
reserved with us.