lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Opening (and building) the lucene source in eclipse
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:31:02 GMT
Colin,

I've not used Eclipse in a long while, and I've not used the new Ant
project support it has.  It sounds like Eclipse has issues with Ant
imports as you've surmised, and my recommendation is to simply set up
a normal Eclipse project.  The source tree to Lucene is extremely
basic... src/java is the only path you need to add to build the core
Lucene library.  For the BDBJE stuff, you'll want to check out the
latest source code of contrib/db where Andi has just committed the
BDBJE code, and add its source path(s) to your Eclipse project as well.

Not using the Ant project support should be just fine.  I use
IntelliJ without running Ant through it.  I simply use the command-
line to run Ant, and the IDE to do iterative development and unit
testing.

	Erik