lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Search result snippets?
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 05:29:43 GMT

: Thanks for this tip! This should be in the FAQ. Is there a way to get it
: in there? I can't edit the wiki, I think.

1) People who create a Wiki account can edit the FAQ.

2) the FAQ already includes a refrence to Highlighter, I think it's the
FAQ entry you mentioned...

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-lucene/LuceneFAQ#head-0c15966e2ee7755f4ae639ee8eaf7de04f5c27f5

   Is there a way to get a text summary of an indexed document with Lucene?

   You could store the documents summary in the index and then use the
   Highlighter from the sandbox.

...feel free to add to the FAQ whatever information you think would have
made the answer more useful to you when you first found it.

: >How would you implement "snippets" with Lucene? A snippet is some text
: >around parts of the text that caused a match, with the search matches in
: >bold. For example, the supporting text in Google searches. A snippet is
: >NOT a document summary, which has a FAQ entry and someone answered about
: >on this email list.

-Hoss