lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to forbid prefetching found Documents?
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 15:43:52 GMT
The actual fields of found documents are not prefetched, only the ids.

> And imagine, that user is on fourth
> page - reading first 100 document is waste of time.

As it relates to document ids, you must know what the first 100 are if
you are to know which ones follow.

If you want more control over how this is all done, you can use the
expert level search methods that return TopDocs or TopFieldDocs.

-Yonik