lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Leos Literak <liter...@seznam.cz>
Subject Re: how to forbid prefetching found Documents?
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 19:43:24 GMT
Yonik, I want to display 120th. up to 150th. document
in Hits. Do you mean that Hits does not contain id
of all relevant documents? I thought that search will
return all document ids with their score and Lucene
prefetches first 100 document to speed the process.

My index contains complete text (yes, it is stored),
so feeding 100 documents, when I will display only 30
of them (or noone at all) is IMHO waste of time.
I would like to have a control and specify, how many
documents to prefetch.

Am I wrong?

leos