lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Paging Lucene Results
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2006 06:33:31 GMT

On Dec 28, 2006, at 12:02 AM, Peter W. wrote:
> I'm trying to iterate or page through Lucene document hits results.
> Before reinventing this, is there an existing solution out there or
> in Solr?

There really isn't much wheel to reinvent... you can "page" through
Hits by simply starting at any point and going forward however many
documents you want per page.  You could also use TopDocs
returning .search() methods, which is what I think Solr does.  Again,
not much to it - pick a starting point, and go from there.

	Erik