lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anne Conger" <acong...@brandeis.edu>
Subject Multiword Highlighting
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:35:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm wondering what the best way is to do highlighting of multiword phrases.
For example, if a search is for "president kennedy", how can I make sure
that "president" is only highlighted if it is next to "kennedy" and
"president" in "president clinton" is not.
I haven't figured out where in the process the phrases are being split into
separate words.
Would restructuring the query that is passed to the scorer help with this?
It's currently a set of boolean queries with each phrase as a separate
query.  Or should the exact phrases be set up as WeightedTerms?

Thanks!

Anne