lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject isCurrent says no, but contents still invisible
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:45:08 GMT
I'm trying what should be the dumbest possible example of concurrency
management with 2.0 in Java with an ordinary FSDirectory.

I create an IndexWriter from a pathname, an IndexReader from the same
pathname, and an IndexSearcher from the reader.

I add one document.

I call isCurrent() on the reader. It says, 'false'.

So, I close the reader and the searcher, and I create a new reader and a
new searcher.  I search for the document, and I don't find it.

I must be missing something simple.