lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Technology Preview of new Lucene QueryParser
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 04:15:06 GMT

: It works like this: "A -B -C" would be expressed as "A ! B ! C"
: By binary, I mean that each operator must connect two clauses...in that
: case A is connected to B and C is connected to A ! B.
: I avoid the single prohibit clause issue, -query, by not really allowing

so do you convert A ! B ! C into a three clause boolean query, or a two
clause BooleanQuery that contains another two clause BooleanQuery?

: I will add this...a field search is: field1,field2(foo) | field3(foobar)

is that field1,field2(foo) construct a DisjunctionMaxQuery or just a
BooleanQuery?

: 1.0 release but was hoping for some syntax suggestions -- though I'm
: betting people are happy with Lucene's syntax for this.

yeah, "^" is pretty straight forward

incidently: what was there a motivating factor behind the mixed use of
both ~ and : to denote slop?

-Hoss