lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Score
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 00:23:31 GMT

1) did you look at the Explain output to seee what it's doing?
2) did you look atthe query.toString() of your Query object?

I suspect your query is being parsed as "Jess in the Author field, and
Hopkins in the defaultSearch field" - so the order you cited makes perfect
sense (assuming what you listed is everything in your index)